31 Oct 10 Reasons I Prefer Touchbase over a Paging Service
We have a wonderful communication tool available through the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB) called Touchbase. It allows agents to communicate instantly through the internet. As long as both agents are “on” the system (ie an active profile), it is fast, and reliable. Not to mention a very low chance of error. It is, in my opinion, the best way to request showings.
I have 10 reasons why all CREB REALTORS should embrace this technology.
1. 24/7 access. As long as I am online, I can send a message. (Perfect for early morning requests when the coffee hasn’t kicked in and I’m not speaking in complete sentences.)
2. It takes me 15 seconds to request a showing. No kidding. If I’m booking appointments and all listing agents are on touchbase, I can request 8 showings in under 2 minutes.
3. I can book a showing even in a “loud” environment. click click submit.
4. I’m never put on hold. Or forced to listen to really bad muzak.
5. I don’t have to listen while someone explains to me how a paging service works. ” The agent is not in the office right now but I will take your information and page the message out to them and they will return your call if that is OK with you” (I’ve booked at least one more showing through touchbase while listening to the explanation)
6. I don’t have to spell my name out. Yes that’s Karen with a K, a-r-e-n Salmon like the fish no not Simon and yes there is an “L”
7. I can ask questions in the message section or leave a message “ok to text confirmation” and when the listing agent confirms they can leave me details reagrding the showing.
8. There is no confusion as to what time I requested. (Calendar function keeps track of everything)
9. If the listing agent is on vacation, they can have the touchbase messages automatically forwarded to a colleague.
10. There are no 3rd party answering errors.
I am sure there are many more reasons, can you think of any others?